We understand ourselves to be part of the global community of God that follows Jesus Christ, marked by justice and mercy, peace and joy. We seek to be an inclusive community. Everyone is welcome - no matter who you are or where you are on life's journey. We come from a variety of backgrounds. As individuals and as a church, where we have been is not as important as where we are going.
Some of the beliefs that unite us:
- The God we worship is the One we have come to know most clearly through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- We are followers (disciples) of Jesus, who taught us to love God with all our heart and soul and mind and strength and to love our neighbors as ourselves
- The Holy Spirit challenges, empowers, and comforts us in this journey of faith
- The Bible helps us grow in our faith. Through it we come to understand ourselves, our relationship with God, and our relationships with others. We take it seriously but not literally
- We treat one another and those of other faiths and traditions with respect. We enjoy life and invite everyone to join us, all ages, tongues, races, abilities, and sexual orientations
- We are inquiring people. We grow from the experiences we share, our use of reason, and the traditions that teach us. All questions are welcome. Imagination is encouraged