Our church is a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). We believe that everyone is welcome at our church and that where we are going is more important than where we have been.
Some of the beliefs that unite us:
- The God we worship is the One we have come to know most clearly through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Members of our congregation are followers (disciples) of Jesus, who taught us to love God with all our heart and soul and mind and strength and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
- The Holy Spirit challenges, empowers, and comforts us in this journey of faith.
- The Bible helps us grow in our faith. Through it we come to understand ourselves, our relationship with God, and our relationships with others. At SSCC, we take the Bible seriously but not literally.
- We treat one another and those of other faiths and traditions with respect. All are invited to join us in worship service: all ages, races, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.
- We grow from the experiences we share, our use of reason, and the traditions that teach us. All questions are welcome. Imagination is encouraged.