Sandy Springs Christian Church is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
We seek to grow in grace as we continue our journey to serve as a welcoming, open, and affirming congregation. We embrace all people at any point on their faith journey and recognize each person as a gift from God.
We are an open and affirming church and we welcome people of all sexual orientation, gender expression, socioeconomic status, family configuration, age, national origin, race, religious or non-religious background, who seek to follow the way of life embodied by Jesus. You can find SSCC as well as other open and affirming congregations by CLICKING HERE.
We affirm that full and equal participation in the life and leadership of our church is open to all who seek to serve and share God’s love.
Some of the beliefs that unite us:
- The God we worship is the One we have come to know most clearly through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Members of our congregation are followers (disciples) of Jesus, who taught us to love God with all our heart and soul and mind and strength and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
- The Holy Spirit challenges, empowers, and comforts us in this journey of faith.
- The Bible helps us grow in our faith. Through it we come to understand ourselves, our relationship with God, and our relationships with others. At SSCC, we take the Bible seriously but not literally.
- We treat one another and those of other faiths and traditions with respect. All are invited to join us in worship service: all ages, races, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.
- We grow from the experiences we share, our use of reason, and the traditions that teach us. All questions are welcome. Imagination is encouraged.