As disciples (followers) of Christ, we believe God calls us to be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
Outreach is central to Sandy Springs Christian Church’s faith and identity. We commit a minimum of 10% of our budget to help our neighbors locally, nationally and internationally.
Our members also enjoy sharing their time and energy supporting a variety of local causes and needs, including:
- Conducting mission trips to places such as, Kentucky, New Orleans, India, and our annual mission trip to Mexico
- Providing lunches for those in need in partnership with MUST Ministries Lunch Program
- Providing volunteers, food, supplies, and financial support for the Community Assistance Center of Sandy Springs
- Volunteering and holding worship services for residents of Campbell-Stone Apartments in Sandy Springs, a senior community for adults age 62 and up
- Contributing to special DOC offerings that benefit DOC Colleges and the start up of new churches in the United States
- Individual Medicare no cost consulting to help people navigate this complex system. Please call Joyce Edwards at 404.530.9049 to set up an appointment.
- Sponsoring the settlement of refugee families into metro Atlanta
- Donate new books for preschool through high-school age children. We will be collecting books for the next two sundays and will then distribute these across three Outreach ministries….HomeStretch, CAC and Craddock Center.
- Bake 2 dozen cookies and deliver them to the church on Friday, December 14th. These cookies will help make the cookies & hot cocoa party at the Craddock Center Mulberry St apartments a very festive party!
- Donate $10 toward a pie for each family at Mulberry St apartments.
- Join us on Saturday, December 15th to deliver the family gift baskets to the families at Mulberry St apartments.