As disciples (followers) of Christ, we believe God calls us to be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
Outreach is central to Sandy Springs Christian Church’s faith and identity. We commit a minimum of 10% of our budget to help our neighbors locally, nationally and internationally.
Our members also enjoy sharing their time and energy supporting a variety of local causes and needs focusing on hunger, homelessness and children, including:
- Conducting mission trips to places such as, Kentucky, New Orleans, India, and our annual mission trip to Mexico
- Providing lunches for those in need in partnership with MUST Ministries Lunch Program
- Providing volunteers, food, supplies, and financial support for the Community Assistance Center of Sandy Springs
- Volunteering and holding worship services for residents of Campbell-Stone Apartments in Sandy Springs, a senior community for adults age 62 and up
- Contributing to special DOC offerings that benefit DOC Colleges and the start up of new churches in the United States
- Individual Medicare no cost consulting to help people navigate this complex system. Please call Joyce Edwards at 404.530.9049 to set up an appointment.
- Sponsoring the settlement of refugee families into metro Atlanta
- Donate critically needed staples for the CAC Food Pantry. The most needed items are: Canned Meats (chicken, tuna, ham, spam, beef, etc.); Macaroni and Cheese; Cereal; Pasta and Pasta Sauce. Just bring these items with you to church on Sunday and place them in the bins in the Centrum/Lobby.
- Sign Up to be a volunteer with Second Helpings. Volunteers pick up perishable food from restaurants, cafeterias, and grocery stores and deliver the food to local food pantries, including the CAC. Second Helpings will try to match you with a shift in your neighborhood, and it takes about 90 minutes to pick up a donation and deliver it to a food pantry. You can volunteer for a regular monthly shift or be a substitute on an as needed basis.