As disciples (followers) of Christ, we believe God calls us to be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
Outreach is central to Sandy Springs Christian Church’s faith and identity. We commit a minimum of 10% of our budget to help our neighbors locally, nationally and internationally.
Our members also enjoy sharing their time and energy supporting a variety of local causes and needs, including:
- Conducting mission trips to places such as, Kentucky, New Orleans, India, and our annual mission trip to Mexico
- Providing lunches for those in need in partnership with MUST Ministries Lunch Program
- Providing volunteers, food, supplies, and financial support for the Community Assistance Center of Sandy Springs
- Volunteering and holding worship services for residents of Campbell-Stone Apartments in Sandy Springs, a senior community for adults age 62 and up
- Contributing to special DOC offerings that benefit DOC Colleges and the start up of new churches in the United States
- Individual Medicare no cost consulting to help people navigate this complex system. Please call Joyce Edwards at 404.530.9049 to set up an appointment.
- Sponsoring the settlement of refugee families into metro Atlanta
We are pleased to introduce an outreach opportunity to Trunk n Treat this year! Join us as we make and decorate “First Night Bags” for children in foster care. A first night bag is a bag with some essentials and comfort items that help make the transition into a new foster home a bit easier for kids. We have partnered with a national organization, Together we Rise, to obtain the bags. But, we are excited to be able to provide these to local foster care organizations.
Other Outreach Opportunities:
Did you know that SSCC is responsible for staffing the CAC with volunteers on the second Saturday of each month??? Our members work at the food pantry by handling food intake, stocking shelves, fulfilling food requests and anything else that needs to done! In addition to our monthly commitment, there are also special projects throughout the year where volunteer help is needed.
Over the years, we have established a small army of 15-20 consistent, dedicated volunteers, but we are looking to grow that group. This is a great volunteer opportunity if you are looking for a once a month, once a quarter or a once a year opportunity to get involved with the amazing work that CAC does to ensure that food insecure families in Sandy Springs receive the support they need.
If you are interested in being put on the CAC volunteer list, please contact Carol Armstrong at email@example.com. Once a month, Carol will reach out to let you know about the opportunities for that month and you can respond if you are able to volunteer. Our next two volunteer days are Saturday, Sept 8th and Saturday, Oct 13th. We will be sharing more about the work of CAC and this important SSCC ministry in our next Mission Moment and hope to see some new faces helping at CAC soon!