As disciples (followers) of Christ, we believe God calls us to be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.
Outreach is central to Sandy Springs Christian Church’s faith and identity. We commit a minimum of 10% of our budget to help our neighbors locally, nationally and internationally.
Our members also enjoy sharing their time and energy supporting a variety of local causes and needs, including:
- Providing assistance to those with financial needs
- Contributing to special offerings that support missionaries abroad and the start up of new churches in the United States
- Conducting mission trips to places such as New Orleans, a clinic in India, and our annual mission trip to Mexico
- Providing food for homeless persons in partnership with MUST Ministries
- Sponsoring the settlement of refugee families into metro Atlanta
- Providing volunteers, food, supplies, and financial support for the Community Action Center of Sandy Springs
- Volunteering and holding worship services for residents of Campbell Stone Sandy Springs, a local assisted living residence
- Individual Medicare consulting at no cost to help people navigate the reefs and shoals of that perilous system
Upcoming Outreach Opportunities:
EXCITING NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH HOMESTRETCH
Since 1993, HomeStretch has been guiding working local homeless families toward increased self-reliance and stability. Their mission is to provide supportive housing and programs that equip working families to regain and sustain permanent housing. The SSCC Outreach Committee is excited to announce a partnership with Homestretch! Our church will be financially supporting a home in Roswell and we look forward to furnishing and decorating that unit. We will also be assisting our assigned family by offering both a financial mentor and a family mentor. The Outreach Team will be sharing more about this new SSCC ministry in our Mission Moment during the service on
. You can also visit our Outreach Info Board to learn more.
5 Ways to Get Involved:
1. Pray for the family that will be assigned to our housing unit in the next few months.
This is a difficult process and our hope is that we can help make life a bit “lighter” for this family and that we can share knowledge with them that will aid in permanent housing and financial stability.
2. Donate Used Furniture in Excellent Condition. We are looking for end tables, coffee table, (2) twin bed frames and headboards (no mattresses), bunkbeds (no mattresses), bedside tables, dressers, lamps, rugs and pictures. If you have anything to donate, please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Kendra at email@example.com
3. Visit our Target Home Registry to purchase Kitchen, Bath and other household items.
4. Make a Monetary Donation toward Furnishing and Decorating the home
Simply make a notation on your check or on the envelope if cash. We will ensure your donation is used to make this house a home.
5. Become a Mentor or nominate someone to become a mentor. Descriptions are below for the type of mentors we need. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone, please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Kendra at email@example.com
- Financial Mentor-meet with a family and social worker monthly to assess and plan for their financial stability
- Family mentor – act as a source of encouragement and wisdom for the family; be a healthy support as they work on achieving their goals